Monday, January 1, 2018

January Releases I'm Most Excited For

January 2nd:
You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone by Rachel Lynn Solomon - First this book is dual POV, narrated by twin sisters.  I love both dual POV and books about sisters so that's already two points in its favor.  Then it also deals with the impact of finding out that one sister may end getting Huntington's disease and one won't.  And that just makes the book sound even more amazing.  I seriously can't wait to buy myself a copy and read this.  I actually just preordered my copy on the day that I'm editing this post.  The cover is also very pretty.



You'll Miss Me When I'm Gone

January 9th:
A Taxonomy of Love by Rachael Allen - This book is by Rachael Allen and I've enjoyed both of her other two books that have been published so far.  And I'm excited for this one especially due to its unique premise of following the main characters from ages 13 to 19.  Most books don't cover this large of a scope of the character's lives, and this seems like a cool way to really show the development of them and their relationships over time.  And from the reviews I've read, it sounds like a lot of people love the characters in the book.

A Taxonomy of Love

January 16th:
Love, Hate, and Other Filters by Samira Ahmed - This book is about a Muslim teen who struggles with some of the expectations that are required by her religion, mostly ones related to who she can and can't date.  And when there is a terrorist attack nearby, people react by treating her badly. This sounds like a very timely and sadly way too relevant book due to things going on in the world today.

Love, Hate & Other Filters

January 23rd:
Before I Let Go by Marieke Nijkamp - I read and loved Marieke Nijkamp's first book, which was the New York Times bestselling This is Where It Ends.  So I'm excited to read her sophomore novel.  This book sounds like it should be a good mystery as well as an atmospheric book about small towns and the secrets that exist there.
Let's Talk About Love by Claire Kann  - This sounds like a good and fun and cute book that is also important.  It is about a romance featuring an ace main character, which isn't something I've read very much, though I have read a couple books featuring it.

Before I Let GoLet's Talk About Love

Katie

No comments:

Post a Comment